maandag 26 april 2010

Taste & Create: Mrs. B's Lemon Meringue Pie


Just a short post today. This is the second recipe I made for April's Taste & Create. I was paired with Jen of The Misadventures of Mrs. B and apparently she loves lemony desserts as much as I do. As soon as I found this lovely Lemon Meringue Pie I knew I had to make it. I have always been intimidated by meringue and was super-excited by the thought of finally tackling it!



In fact I was so excited that I made one huge mistake.... I cut the pie when the custard wasn't quite set yet.... Oops!! So the first piece looked like crap, it tasted wonderful though! For the crust I used Dorie Greenspan's recipe for Sweet Tart Dough (page 444 of Baking From My Home To Yours) or here. I used the juice of 5 lemons for this and that amount was ideal: the perfect flavor combination with the tartness of the crust and the sweetness of the meringue.



After some time in the fridge the custard set as it was supposed to and looked gorgeous. The recipe can be found here over at The Misadventures of Mrs. B, go check it out! I know I will be frequenting Jen's blog from now on to see what other scrumptious dishes she comes up with!



5 opmerkingen:

Shelby zei

Looks delicious Marthe! I love all things lemon!

natalia zei

How wonderful !!! I wish I could try some !!!!

Marie Rayner zei

That looks fantastic Marthe!! Lemon anything is my favourite flavour!!

Inspired by eRecipeCards zei

It is always so hard for me to wait to cut into a soft lie like this... looks terrific, you did my friend proud!

threesidesofcrazy zei

Looks like you mastered the meringue perfectly!