zondag 25 april 2010

Make your own Red Pesto


I used to buy red pesto at the supermarket until I found out that it's actually super easy to make your own red pesto. And it tastes way better than store-bought pesto too!!! When you make a batch, make sure to store it in the fridge! It will keep for about 1 1/2 week. The red pesto is great on bread or in other recipes, such as pasta dishes.



Red Pesto
a small bunch of basil leaves
40 gram Parmesan cheese
30 gram pine nuts
1 or 2 garlic cloves
150 grams sundried tomatoes
a dash of extra virgine olive oil
a splash of balsamic vinegar

Put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until everything is pureed.
If you have more time available, you can also use a mortar and pestle and some good old-fashioned elbow grease :)
Add some more olive oil if the pesto seems to dry for your taste.


3 opmerkingen:

TeaLady zei

Looks too easy to make. I will have to try this one. I buy mine and would much rather make it.

Nice job.

Unknown zei

OH jOY! I'm going to have to make this. I love pesto, and I really like sun dried tomatoes...And homemade is so much better than store bought!

Brandy Heineman zei

I don't know if red pesto is available commercially in the United States, but I've never seen it before. I just received a recipe which calls for it, so thank you for providing a such a simple and lovely recipe! Eet smakelijk! :)