woensdag 14 januari 2009

Vitatas #1

One of the things I wanted to do in 2009 is eat healthier and with more variation. When in the supermarket I found myself taking home the same vegetables over and over. So I went looking on the internet and stumbled upon the Vitatas. This intrigued me and I decided this was for me. Now I get to pick up a bag for one person every week containing locally produced biological vegetables and fruit.


This bag also contains a recipecard on which I'll find nice and tasty recipes and facts about the cultivators and the biological agriculture and horticulture, some of the recipes will be about the produce in the bag. I got a magazine with lovely recipes too!

So today was the day that I could pick up my first bag. It wasn't there.... Something went wrong. But fortunately there was one other (bigger bag for 2 persons) leftover, so I got to take that one home!!! It must be beginners luck!!


This week the bag contained: scorzonera hispanica (black salsify or Spanish salsify, also known as black oyster plant, serpent root, viper's herb, viper's grass or simply Scorzonera), brocolii, chicory, chinese cabage, apples, mandarins and kiwis. Yum!!! Stay tuned to find out what I'll do with the veggies!!

2 opmerkingen:

Kristin zei

Fantastic Marthe! One of my resolutions for 2009 is to find a CSA or at a minimum visit the farmers' markets more often. Lucky you for the double bag. (What nice bags the food comes in too!) Please post what you made.

dp zei

That type of service is called a CSA here in the States. We do it every year as a way of supporting our local farmers and get different vegetables into our diet. I got try 3 or 4 veggies I never had before.

My brother-in-law did a similar thing in Denmark, but in addition to produce, they got preserved foods as well.