vrijdag 16 januari 2009

Exactly one month late TWD: Buttery Jam Cookies

These TWD cookies were actually due for the 16th of December. Heather of Randomosity and the Girl picked these, the recipe can be found here.


These cookies made me look back at a perfect weekend in Pfronten-Steinach with a good friend of mine: Claudia. We worked together for 5 months about 6 years ago at the reception of Disney's Hotel Sequioa Lodge at Disneyland Paris in France. Since then we stayed in contact and managed to meet up twice before in Dusseldorf, Germany.



Claudia's aunt, me, Claudia and Claudia's niece

I actually used two different jams and ended up with two brightly coloured cookies. For the pink ones I added Strawberry and Guave jam to the batter. The yellow ones contain this special marmalade I bought at the Weihnachtmarkt I visited during my visit to Claudia: a pumpkin, apple, cinnamon and clove marmalade.

I liked these cookies, but I'm not sure whether I will make these again. I thought the flavour was a bit too bland. My collegeagues however really liked these and the cookies were gone in no time.

I only managed to make 30 cookies instead of the 45 that Dorie states in her book.





2 opmerkingen:

The Food Librarian zei

Yummy! Love the Strawberry and Guava jam addition!

Shelby zei

I really liked the simplicity of these cookies!