donderdag 1 januari 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Welcome to 2009!! I wish you all the best: good health, happiness, good fortune and lots of fun with friends and family!

I spent New Year's Eve with 4 friends of mine. We started with dinner: we used my still brand new raclette (only used it one time before), we had lots of fish, beef and chicken and also a very nice salad. Dessert was made by yours truly: a lovely strawberry and white chocolate tiramisu. It was delicious, my friends also seemed to like it... I never saw a dessert go down that fast!! Recipe to follow as soon as I have the pics!!

The rest of the evening was spent chatting and watchind a New Year's Eve conference by a stand-up comedian. Around midnight we put on 'Happy New Year' by AbbA and then the boys went outside to light their fireworks.

I had lots of fun and really enjoyed myself most of the time. There were two things that made my evening slightly less enjoyable thought..... The first one may seem a little petty and pathetic: my 4 friends were actually 2 couples, so when it came close to midnight I felt a bit sad and lonely since I was the only single one there. I would have loved to have that arm around my shoulder too....

But the worst part of the evening started after dinner when I felt a migraine come up and discovered that I left my migraine medicine at home.... And since I had already had some wine I couldn't drive home and get some. So my night was terrible and lousy.... I had the worst night of sleep I've had in a long time. :(

Normally I don't 'do' New Years Resolutions, but I thought I'd make an exception this year.... So for 2009 I want to eat healthier (and lose some weight) and spend more time in the gym... That last one shouldn't be difficult since I haven's been to the gym in 2008...

So here are my two questions for you today:
  1. How did you spend New Year's Eve?
  2. What are your New Years Resolutions?

5 opmerkingen:

david santos zei

Excellent posting!
Have a nice day!!!

Big Boys Oven zei

Happy New Year to you!

natalia zei

Dear Marthe, I suffer of migraine too so I feel very close to you !!
We've spent the eve with a friend of us at home with the children eating a good indian takeaway !! Not so special but very joyful !!I'm in late with the resolutions !

Peggy zei

We went dancing and I took my tall and creamy cheesecake to share with the dancers. They loved it. My resolution is to laugh more!! Have a great week. I love baking and cooking with you!

Lisa magicsprinkles zei

Tiramisu is my FAAAAAAVORITE!
We spent NYE watching movies and eating popcorn.
Losing weight.