zaterdag 3 januari 2009

Lemon Ricotta Cookie with Lemon Glaze


I saw these cookies a while ago and just knew I had to make them: Deborah from Taste and Tell wrote about them and they sounded and looked absolutely scrumptious.


I have a thing for all sweet stuff, but I also like my sweets combined with something tangy like lemon. I actually already made these a while ago but totally forgot to blog about them and decided to bake them again for my Christmas Cookie-gift to my family.



When I went shop for the necessary ingredients (a.k.a. ricotta) on the day before Christmas the supermarket was totally out of ricotta.... That never happened before... Well, there must have been a very popular Christmas recipe with ricotta in it in a magazine here in Holland....... So I had to replace the ricotta with another creamcheese and I chose Monchou.


I halved the recipe, but I guess I did something wrong with the glaze because it was a bit too thin but stil very tasty!! So here it is:



Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze
makes about 48 cookies

Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 (15-ounce) container whole-milk ricotta cheese
zest of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

Glaze
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
zest of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

For the cookies:
In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In the large bowl combine the butter and the sugar. Using an electric mixer beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until incorporated. Add the ricotta cheese, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Beat to combine. Stir in the dry ingredients.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Spoon the dough (about 1 tablespoon for each cookie) onto the baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, until slightly golden at the edges. Remove from the oven and let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 20 minutes.

For the glaze:
Combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2-teaspoon onto each cookie and use the back of the spoon to gently spread. Let the glaze harden for about 2 hours.

Geen opmerkingen: