zaterdag 17 januari 2009

Microwave-cooked Chicory and Cheesesauce (Vitatas #1)

Got home late yesterday from work and didn't want to spend ages in the kitchen. I planned on eating chicory, so I went looking for a nice, easy and quick recipe. And I found one right here! (Beware: it's a Dutch site) The chicory is cooked in a microwave and the cheesesauce is also made in the microwave... Since I only had half a kilo of chicory I halved the recipe.


Ingredients
500 grams chicory
1 tbsp margarine
1 tbsp flour (I was out of flour, I still can't believe it!! So I used corn flour, works too)
250 ml water
a dash of bouillonpowder or half a bouillontablet
a splash of cream or milk (I used cream)
some grated cheese

Slice the chicory, was and pop into a microwavedish with some water. Put the dish into the microwave and cook for 8 weeks at the highest level (I used 750 watt). Take the dish out of the oven and let it rest.

Pop the margarine into a wide 1-litre pyrexbowl, stir in the flour and add the water, milk and bouillonpowder. Stir untill well blended, it will remain a bit grainy but this will turn out okay. Pop the liquid mixture into the microwave and cook for 4 minutes at the highest level. Add as much grated cheese as you would like and whisk.

Toss the chicory and pop back into the microwave for another 4 minutes at the highest level. Drain the chicory and mix in with the sauce. Enjoy!!

Geen opmerkingen: