vrijdag 24 juli 2009

Taste & Create XXI - Sleeping Cookies

A couple of days ago I told you about my first partner for this months Taste & Create, now it's time for my second partner: Carol VR of No Reason Needed.

Looking through Carol's blog I saw a lot of interesting recipes, one being Amish Friendship Bread. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to make this before the 24th of July. So I picked the Sleeping Cookies, these sounded really interesting.



They are very easy to make, no need to keep an eye on the time as the cookies are put into a warm oven that is turned off and left there overnight. The result? Meringe-like cookies: delicious! Again I forgot to take pictures, since there are no pics left I'm posting Carol's own picture of the cookies here.

Check out the other entries for this month's Taste & Create here.
If you would like to join in on the fun, check out the How it Works!

Sleeping Cookies
2 egg whites
2/3 cup sugar
1 dash salt
1/8 tsp. cream of tarter

Preheat your oven to 350F.

Beat the egg whites until stiff, then gradually add the sugar, salt and cream of tarter. Beat until sugar is dissolved. Stir in walnuts and chocolate or butterscotch bits (I left these out as the recipe didn't specify how much was needed and I had non at hand).

Drop by teaspoon on oiled, foil covered cookie sheet. Put into oven and turn off oven. Leave in all night - do not peek - or during the daytime and left in the oven until it is cold.