maandag 20 juli 2009

Taste & Create XXI - Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies and the Kitchen Gadget my Cat destroyed....



When Min of Bad Girl's Kitchen emailed us about having an odd number of people and asked for a volunteer to take on two people I immediately though: even more fun! So I answered her right back and get to pick recipes from two blogs for this months Taste & Create.


The first person I was linked with is Parita of Parita's World. While looking through all the delicious recipes on her blog I fell in love with her Orange Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies. As this weeks TWD-challenge is more of a dessert I was looking for something I could take with me to work to make sure my colleagues wouldn't rebel against a week without treats.....


These cookies are amazing, the coworkers loved me and the cookies! The only thing I changes was using white chocolate chips instead of regular chocolate. The cookies smell delicious, the edges are crunchy and the middle is chewy: perfect! One tiny thing: I sort of forgot to take pictures of the end product. I know there was one cookie left in the cookie jar at work when I left to go home, so my game plan is to take the camera with me to work tomorrow and take some pictures there. Untill then: just take my word for it: these cookies are sooooo good!!



So here it is, the lonely cookie left in the cookie jar.



One left out of the twenty I took with me into work, not a bad score at all!!





I took some gadgets home with me from Canada, my favorite one is this Palm Zester by Chef'n.






It's so easy to use and zests the oranges/limes/lemons perfectly.




Unfortunately this is what my Palm Zester looks like now...... I know you wonder what happened... My cat Senna is what happened. After I used it yesterday I cleaned it and left it on the kitchen counter to dry. The next thing I know is I wake up this morning with my disfigured Palm Zester in bed right besides my left foot.....





Now I just have to figure out how to get a new one as I haven't seen these around here yet....



Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 + 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter softened
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp + 1 tbsp grated orange peel
1 egg at room temperature
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup roughly chopped chocolate chunks or chocolate chips


Preheat the oven at 175 degree C and line the baking tray with parchment paper or butter paper.

Sieve flour, baking soda and baking powder together and keep aside for coating.
Mix together 1/3 cup sugar and 1tsp orange peel nicely and keep it aside.
In a bowl beat together butter, sugar and egg on medium speed until fluffy.
Now reduce the speed and in flour, baking soda and baking powder and beat well.
Add in finely chopped cranberries , orange peel and chocolate chunks and mix well without beater.

Make small 1 inch round balls and roll them in the orange peel sugar coating all the sides.
Place these balls on baking tray and flatten them using back of a glass.
Bake these for 10 to 12 mins or until the sides have turned light brown.
Immediately remove and cool them, store in air tight containers.

Enjoy!!!



8 opmerkingen:

Leslie zei

What a funny thing for your cat to destroy! I Googled it, and Amazon has it. If you can't order it there, let me know and I can send one to you!

Parita zei

Wow these look perfect dear, m glad your colleagues liked it :)

TeaLady zei

On the bright side, it is better than waking up with a dead mouse next to your foot on the bed....

I will look for the zester, but here in podunk... not a lot of fancy kitchen gadgets.

Anoniem zei

What a unique combination of flavors! They look delicious and they must have been since there was only 1 left in the cookie jar!
How cute - your cat must have thought you brought home a toy for her! =)

Jacque zei

Oh no! Not a kitchen gadget, and such a cool looking one at that. Bad kitty! LOL

These cookies sound awesome!

Shelby zei

Oh, that is too bad about your zester! I have never seen one like that before myself.

The cookies look awesome...and I missed T&C this month. :-( I emailed the wrong person I guess. :-( Its the first one I missed since I started.

Unknown zei

these seem like the perfect summertime chocolate chip cookie. They really do look great.

sara/imafoodblog.com

Heide zei

Ha! Don't you wish you had cameras in your house to see the nutty things cats do when you're not looking??