dinsdag 10 maart 2009

TWD: no Lemon Custard Cup

I'm so sorry to dissapoint those of you who came here looking for today's TWD recipe.... I didn't make it..... Bridget of The Way the Cookie Crumbles choose Lemon Custard Cup. This just wasn't the kind of thing that you take to work easily to share with your coworkers, so it didn't work for me..... However plenty of other TWD-ers made it, check out their efforts here.

This week I did recreate the Crunchy Caramel Bars that were made a couple of weeks ago for TWD, this was a great pick by Whitney of What's left on the Table. Heath toffee bits are nowhere to be found around these parts of the world and I didn't feel like making my own caramel so I thought about going without a topping on the chocolate. While the bars were in the oven I found some pecans in my pantry so I choped those up and sprinkled them over the melted chocolate.

Unfortunately the middle of the huge cookie was not cooked enough, so I threw it out. The bars tasted amazing! A friend came over for dinner yesterday and to protect myself I gave her all the bars that were left. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures before doing that!!!

8 opmerkingen:

Nancy/n.o.e zei

I had to give away my crunch bars too! They were so delicious, and kept calling my name...
Nancy

Steph zei

I made caramel crunch bars too! They were so delicious, weren't they?

Pamela zei

I really enjoyed the caramel crunch bars. And you made your own caramel to go on top?? They sound fabulous!

Teanna DiMicco zei

So glad that you loved the crunch bars! They only get better with each passing day!

Cathy zei

I'm so glad that you liked the crunch bars! We thought that they were delicious. They were definitely dangerous and had to leave the house before I did too much damage! Love your new blog look, by the way!

Anoniem zei

Those crunch bars are so delicious.

kimberly salem zei

i gave my caramel crunch bars away too :) you should try making the toffee with it sometime, it is really easy and addictive!

Jacque zei

Seems like a lot of us gave them away. For me, it was because I don't like coffee.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed them.