zondag 8 maart 2009

WW: Roasted Sweet Potato with Teriyaki Sauce and Cilantro


Today is the last day of my first week on Weight Watchers, so far so good. Although I must say I find it harder to drink enough water and not eat anything I'm not allowed to when being around the house all weekend. I can deal better with it all when I´m at work... O well...

One of my solutions was going shopping with a list and not buying anything that wasn't on the list. Okay, I did buy some deodorant but figured that was okay since it was a non-food item ;)

I did hop onto a scale this morning and so far I lost 2,2 kilograms.... I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself until tomorrow morning, but I simply couldn´t resist. How often do you weigh yourselves?

So, today I tried my first Weight Watchers recipe: Roasted Sweet Potato with Teriyaki Sauce an Cilantro. I decided to serve these with the chicken baked in parchement paper I had made once before: great combination!


Ingredients
3 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 big sweet potato
2 tbsp cilantro

Instructions
Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius, grease a bakingsheet with the olive oil.

Peel the sweet potato and dice it into cubes (size about 1 cm by 1 cm). Cut the cilantro and mix it with the teriyaki sauce. Add the sweet potato cubes and mix untill the cubes are coated with the sauce.

Divide the sweet potato cubes over the baking sheet and bake them in the oven for about 40 minutes until they are done.

3 opmerkingen:

natalia zei

This sounds delicious and not diet -like ! I find it easier to drink warm drinks like the nice fruits'teas you have in the Netherlands !

Maria zei

I am loving this recipe!!

dp zei

I did WW after I weened my son. I ate like a monster when I nursed him and didn't gain weight. The problem is I kept eating like a monster after I weened him and the weight packed on.

I think it's a good program. Sure there are ups and downs, but as long as you are patient and have realistic expectations, you'll reach your goal. Good luck!