zondag 13 december 2009

World Peace Cookies: Day 5 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookies

So, now on to my favourite chocolate cookie ever!!! For the fifth day of my 12 Days of Christmas Cookies I decided to make World Peace Cookies. We made these for Tuesdays with Dorie in february 2009 and this is another cookie that my coworkers keep requesting me to bake again!

Not only are these cookies delicious, but I also think the name is soooo good and appropriate: I mean, doesn't everybody wish for World Peace around Christmas?
The reason why Dorie Greenspan decided to rename these cookies (originally these cookies were called Pierre Hermé's Korova Cookies) after a neighbour claimed that 'a daily dose of Pierre's cookies is all that is needed to ensure planetary peace and happiness'.



This recipe made 48 cookies and it can be found here.




2 opmerkingen:

NKP zei

I don't think I have tried these yet. They sound amazing!
That video below is hilarious, I just emailed it to my son and daughter.
(We are Canadian..)

Hindy zei

These are my family's new favourite cookie. Yours is so perfectly round with all the goodies peeping through. Perfection!