zaterdag 12 december 2009

White Chocolate Madacamia Nut Cookies: Day 4 of 12 Days of Christmas Cookies

Today's cookie was picked especially for my mom. My mom was really good this year: she lost a lot of weight and restrained from eating sweets and cookies and such. Now she's off the diet and back to eating normally I wanted to put something in my Christmas Cookies that she would absolutely love.



My mom's favourite chocolate is white chocolate and her favourite nuts are macadamia nuts, so I went, googled and found the perfect cookie over at My Tasty Treasures.



Again: another easy to make, scoop & bake cookie. I baked them for 12 minutes and got 54 cookies out of this recipe. My mom got to test them and said that they were the 'bestest' cookies she ever had!



White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
(adapted from My Tasty Treasures)
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
2 cups white chocolate chips
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
  • Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside
  • Beat together the melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in a bowl with an electrical mixer until creamy
  • Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture until just mixed
  • Stir in the macadamia nuts ans white chocolate chips by hand
  • Drop by the spoonful onto a greased or lined baking sheet
  • Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until edges look golden brown (I baked mine for 12 minutes)
  • Cool on the cookie sheet for at least 4-5 minutes so the cookies can set.
  • Remove to rack to cool completely
  • Enjoy


Geen opmerkingen: