zondag 22 november 2009

A very late update on my Gift Exchange...

!! Please do not forget to let me know which cookies I should bake for my 12 Days of Christmas Cookies here (and if possible leave a link to the recipe) !!


This update on my gift exchange is long overdue....!!! Way back in July I thought it was a great idea to host a gift exchange and I asked whomever wanted to participate to leave me a message. Luckily a few other bloggers agreed with me and I got a little group together to swap gifts. I used Elfster to draw the tickets and asked everyone to send their gift by the end of August.

So about one week later I received a package in the mail from Marie of A Year From Oak Cottage, co check out her blog as she has the most amazing collection of recipes on there!!

Now on to the contents of my package... My cat Senna was very interested in the content of the box too!



The first item I found in my parcel was this box of chocolates, I liked them a lot! I almost forgot to share them with a fried that was visiting :)



Up next was this wonderful Earl Grey Tea



Then I took out these gorgoues items, I love the packaging as it is pink: my favourite colour! Great soap, bath powder and hand cream. The hand cream actually travels with me wherever I go now: it smells like roses and moisturizes my hands ultrafast without leaving some sort of film over my hands!



Marie also sent me the cutest little book on cooking I ever saw



But the biggest surprise of them all were these Rhubarb and Custard Sweets, I somehow imagined these to me soft sweet like a winegum of sort. Instead these were hard candies. I loved them!! The sweetness of the custard and the tartness of the rhubarb are balanced to perfection!!



Again I would like to thank all of the participants of my Gift Exchange and especially Marie for sending me such an amazing spread of gifts!!




3 opmerkingen:

Marie Rayner zei

I'm so glad that you liked what I sent to you Marthe! I had a lot of fun picking everything out. I never did get a gift from anyone, but that's ok. Like I said, it was fun picking out these things for you and it made me happy to know that you were pleased with them! I just love rhubarb and custard sweeties. I think they are my favourite. I don't think you can go wrong giving something you love to another as a gift do you? xxoo

Katrina zei

Marthe--the toffee bits in my shortbread cookies are crunchy. There are recipes all over the internet you can google for toffee. It is just made with butter and sugar, cooked to a hard crack stage. Here in the states, we have toffee bits made and packaged like chocolate chips for putting in cookies.
Let me know if you try them! And thanks for stopping by my blog.

natalia zei

Ciao Marthe ! How nice ! Thanks again for the greatest idea !