donderdag 9 oktober 2008

Busy Bee.....

So yesterday I came home from work and had lots of stuff to do in the kitchen:

1) Kelly of Sounding my Barbaric Gulp! selected Pumpkin Muffins for us to make for TWD on the 21st of October. One of the ingredients for these muffins is canned pumpkin puree.... Impossible to find in supermarkets here in Zwolle, so I decided to make my own. I used the recipe I found by Ree, which can be found at The Pioneer Woman Cooks! She also had a recipe to make pepitas, but since my pumpkin seeds are still drying I haven't been able to try that yet. I'll admit to two stupidities here: I had never before cooked a pumpkin ans I had no idea that the pumpkin seeds were edible and the same thing as pepita's!!!

2) Saturday I bought some beef to make a nice stew, so I had to make that so it could simmer for the rest of the evening so I could eat it tonight with red cabbage, a bit applesauce and mashed potatoes. Yum!!

3) I found this great recipe online for Apple Cup Pies inspired by the TV-series Pushing Daisies made by Pam at Cave Cibum and simply had to give it a try. The cup pies have cheese in the crust and are absolutely delicious!! I will be posting about that later today!!

Ow and in the midst of all that I also managed to cook a really delicious pasta dish with tagliatella, spinach and herbs.

Then I found this great website where you can get the most fabulous layouts for your blog for free. Ofcourse I had to try one, so since it's already Fall and I was busy with the pumpkin and all that I choose this one with the falling leaves. Do you like it??? Go check out the rest of the available layouts at Leelou Blogs!!

Geen opmerkingen: