zondag 4 juli 2010

My Tapas Birthday Party: Simple Sangria

Today is the day I turn 31 years old! To celebrate this joyous occasion I invited some friends and family over last Saturday evening for a Tapas Birthday Party. Considering the lovely (hot!!) weather we enjoyed last week I was hoping on having the party outside. Unfortunately at the same time the first guests arrived, the rain also started! We still had a great evening inside though, with the tv on so the guys could follow the quarter final of World Cup Soccer between Paraguay and Spain.






After browsing the Internet I finally decided on these drinks/bites:
Simple Sangria
Tortilla Espanola
Marinated Mushrooms
Gazpacho Shots
4-Minute Spicy Garlic Shrimp
Pollo al Ajillo
Albondigas en Salsa de Tomate



I will be sharing the recipes and pictures with you over the next couple of days, starting with the Simple Sangria I found over at Real Simple. I followed the recipe almost as written and really enjoyed it! As the name indicates it's very simple to make, but it's still quite tasty!



Simple Sangria
Serves 8

1 bottle medium-bodied red wine (such as Rioja)
3 cups apple juice
2 thinly sliced oranges
(I used one orange and one lemon and quartered the slices)
Ice

In a large pitcher combine red wine, apple juice and oranges.
Serve over ice.


2 opmerkingen:

Kayte zei

Happy Birthday, Marthe! Your party sounds really wonderful and I am looking forward to seeing all the food you made for it. What lucky guests! Hope your day is everything you want it to be and more! Hugs.

sarah (Catch A Cub In Its Den) zei

Happy belated birthday Marthe! Tapas is a great celebration idea!