woensdag 14 juli 2010

My Tapas Birthday Party: Marinated Mushrooms


This recipe for Marinated Mushroom from Real Simple is real simple, just like the name of the website suggests. They are pretty straightforward and easy to prepare, you can make this when you have a little time to spare and then pop them into the fridge until you're ready to serve them: feel free to make them a day ahead! That's exactly what I did and they were amazing!!



The day after my Tapas Birthday Party I had some Marinated Mushrooms leftover, just like some Pollo al Ajillo and Salsa de Tomate from the Aldbondigas (both recipes will be posted later), so I warmed up all three of them in a pan and served them over some pasta: lovely garlicy pasta dish!!




Marinated Mushrooms

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 4 garlic cloves. smashed
  • 1 1/2 pounds halved button mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • Kosher salt

Directions

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, 2 to 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let marinate at least 30 minutes.



3 opmerkingen:

TeaLady zei

eh.. YUM!!!

Kayte zei

Another winner...another wish I was at that party!

Mary Bergfeld zei

These look and sound delicious. This is my first visit to your blog, so I spent some time reading through your earlier post. I really like the recipes you feature. I'll be back - I don't want to miss the remainder of your tapas recipes. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary