vrijdag 12 februari 2010

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Gorgonzola

We had about two days without any snow. Then Wednesday came and it started snowing again. Below is the view from my window at work since yesterday, I must admit I do like the look of it. But I still think the snow/ice is a pain in the ass, especially since I have to drive for an hour to get to work, which is quite long for Dutch standards.



Because of the snow I had been craving winter vegetables. Brussels Sprouts were on sale at the supermarket, so I went and surfed the Internet to find the perfect recipe. I found loads of great once but this one for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Gorgonzola at Kalyn's Kitchen caught my eye, I knew had some pecans and gorgonzola on hand so this didn't even require a trip the the store.



What was great about this recipe is that it only requires some preparation, then you slide it into the oven and you have your hands free to make other yummy dishes like the marinated flank steak with blue cheese sauce that I served with it and blogged about yesterday.
I really enjoyed the Brussels Sprouts prepared this way although I did find the gorgonzola a bit harsh. But that's solely to blame on me as I picked up the wrong cheese: I prefer the Gorgonzola Dolce but had the regular on in the fridge.


Recipe can be found here at Kalyn's Kitchen.

Geen opmerkingen: