Yes, that's right: more pancakes!! I actually made these the same day I made the Buttermilk Pancakes and boy was I happy with them today.... After sleeping for the biggest part of the day due to a migraine attack it was really convenient to pull these out of the freezer and pop them into the toaster!
I found this recipe at Les Gourmandises d'Isa. You guys should really check out Isa's blog, she has amazing recipes on there. I love visiting it as it's written in French and gives me a chance to practice my French :)
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
(adapted from Les Gourmandises d'Isa)
1 1/2 cup yoghurt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup vanilla sugar
3 apples, peeled and grated
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
butter for baking
maple syrup for serving
- Mix the eggs with the yoghurt in a big bowl.
- In a small bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla sugar.
- Mix the wet and the dry ingredients.
- Add the grated apple and cinnamon and mix well.
- Melt some butter in a pan over low heat.
- Put 1/4 cup of batter in the pan and flatten it with the back of a spoon.
- Make sure that the center is not thicker than the edges of the pancake or it will be undercooked.
- Bake until the bottom of the pancake is golden.
- Turn pancake and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Serve topped with some butter and/or maple syrup.