dinsdag 2 september 2008

TWD: Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipster


Thank you Stefany from Proceed with Caution for picking this weeks TWD recipe: Chunky Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Chocolate Chipsters! They were absolutely delicious!!


These babies were actually very easy to make, if you just follow Dories recipe. I skipped the part were the dough has to rest in the fridge and baked them right away. The cookies did spread out a lot and almost doubled in size: I was left with giant cookies!


Since my oven is really tiny I could only bake about 7 cookies at a time, so it took me a while to finish up all the cookie dough!


My mom came by before she went to a BBQ, so I gave her a load of cookies to take to the BBQ for dessert. The rest I took with me to work last Monday. My co-workers ate all of them!!


I must say that these cookies are very tasty, although the flavour of the peanut butter was very subtle. Next time I'll probably use a bit more peanut butter! I also subbed half of the bittersweet chocolate with milkchocolate.

Check out my co-bakers at TWD!!

10 opmerkingen:

Liz zei

Wow, these look great. Mine turned out pretty flat--tasty, but flat. Yours look perfectly chunky!

Prudy zei

They came out perfect!

Nancy/n.o.e zei

Nice pictures! Your cookies look really good. Hope you liked them.
Nancy

Judy zei

Your cookies look delicious, too. What did you think of them?

The Theology of Food zei

WOW! Those look wonderful!

Bungalow Barbara zei

Yours look great! Hope they tasted good, too!

Pamela zei

They look fantastic!

Steph zei

I love jumbo cookies, especially ones that spread!! A lot of people couldn't taste the peanut butter, but I thought it was pretty strong... maybe because I reduced the cinnamon to 1 tsp and omitted the nutmeg?

Jacque zei

Oooh, cute plate! Your cookies look nice and hearty... like they'd go perfect with coffee during an afternoon break.

Cathy zei

They look great! I totally agree with you about the mild peanut butter taste -- I'd probably add more next time and leave out the spices. Great job!