dinsdag 23 februari 2010

TWD: My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yes, I know I got my schedule screwed up: I should have posted about the Honey-Wheat Cookies that Michelle of Flourchild picked as this weeks recipe for Tuesdays with Dorie. I guess I should really start writing down what recipe I have to finish when in my agenda! I am going to bake the Honey-Wheat Cookies on my day off tomorrow and post about them Thursday :)




On to My Best Chocolate Chip Cookies: now these cookies were picked for February 16th by Kait of Kait's Place, the recipe can be found here. What can I tell you about these cookies? To be honest: not much.... Since my pain attack and loss of appetite (that lasted for over a monht) around Christmas I haven't been eating a lot of sweets: they have just lost their appeal. I can taste that they are good (or bad), but I simply don't crave them anymore. I will be seduced by the lovely smell and have a bite or two and then somehow there's an aversion to eating the rest... I must admit that this is not necessarily a bad thing as I do have to loss quite a bit of weight: by now I have lost 10,5 kilos without even dieting!!



However I can tell you that these cookies were a huge hit at work, as well as with my mom, dad an SIL. One of my colleagues actually told me that they reminded him of the Chocolate Chip Cookies he had when he was in the United States this summer: crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside. You see, the CCC's that are sold here in The Netherlands are mostly chrunchy allover.... I did have my two bites of the cookie and could taste that they were really nice, but they were too sweet for me -->> see, I told you my tastebuds have changed? Cookies and such were never too sweet for me: the sweeter, the better was my motto....


Tomorrow I will tell you about my two adoptees for Adopt-a-Blogger. I'm so excited about finally participating in this event!! I'll also be posting my entry for this month's Taste & Create. And Thurday I will post my Honey-Wheat Cookies for TWD, I promiss!!

6 opmerkingen:

Leslie zei

These look fantastic, Marthe! Not being tempted by all these treats is a blessing!

Susan zei

The only way I keep it straight is to put posted notes on the pages of the recipes with the dates they are "due". I try and do that at the beginning of the month when the schedule is posted. :) Your chocolate chip cookies look great.

Bella Baker zei

I hope you feel better soon Marthe! A loss of appetite for chocolate chip cookies sounds like torture to me!! :)

Anoniem zei

They look wonderful! I'm sorry you weren't able to enjoy them, but I'm glad your coworkers did.

margot zei

The cookies look fantastic, glad they were a hit! I do the same thing as Susan and tab my recipes as soon as they're announced, it works well.

TeaLady zei

Lovely little cookies. They tasted great but were too flat for me. I like them chewy.