dinsdag 18 mei 2010

Asparagus Tomato Goat Cheese Puff Pastry Tart


This Saturday I picked up some more green asparagus at the market, I love asparagus season: just can't get enough of them!! The other day I didn't feel like spending a lot of time in the kitchen, but I also didn't feel like ordering fast food. So I had a look at my fridge/freezer and decided to play with what I had on hand.



The oven was preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. I thawed some puff pastry sheets and rolled them out, I then scored a line about 1/2 inch from the edges of the puff pastry to get a nice rim after baking. Two tablespoons of pesto were spread onto the center of the puff pastry and then topped with halved cherry tomatoes (9 whole, 12 half tomatoes). This was baked for 10 minutes.


Meanwhile I washed 400 grams of asparagus and used pencil-thin ones, if they were thicker I halved them length-wise. I layered these on top of the puff pastry and sprinkled some salt and pepper over them. I topped the asparagus with slices of soft goat cheese and popped the tart back into the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes until the edges of the puff pastry is golden.



Doesn't it look delicious???



Here's a close-up for you!! Yum!! Serve this tart with a nice salad and it'll serve two.
Enjoy!!


5 opmerkingen:

TeaLady zei

LOVE your new web layout. Very very cute.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella zei

That looks absolutely delicious Marthe! I love the layering of the toppings! :D

Peggy zei

Very nice! Looks like a good company dish.

Lisa zei

Dit ziet er echt heerlijk uit. Wat een leuk idee ook!

Tia zei

looks fantastic!!!