zondag 24 mei 2009

Strawberry Coconut Pudding for for Taste & Create XVIV


And here's my second entry for this month's Taste & Create: I had some leftover light coconut milk from the Thai-style Chicken for CEiMB, so I decided to go ahead and try Kit's Piña Colada Pudding. Unfortunately I couldn't find the Knorr Piña Colada jelly, but did find some strawberry jelly and gave that a go. I changed the quantities a bit as I only had about 300 ml of coconut milk left, so I had 300 ml coconut milk and .


When you look at Kit's post you'll see that there is a thin layer of pineapple jelly on top and a thick, creamy coconut pudding underneath when the dessert is unmolded. Unfortunately it didn't quite work out for me like that: my pudding is one big pink pudding, no thin layer of jelly.... I wonder what went wrong...... The pudding also wasn't as thick as my jelly normally is, however it did taste amazing!! Yum!! I'll definetely make it again, but next time I'll use the proper quantities!
Strawberry Coconut Pudding
1 can of coconut milk
1 box of Strawberry jelly
boiling water
Follow the instructions printed on the box but substitute coconut milk for the boiling water.
The recipe calls for 500 ml of water, use 100 ml of boiling water to soften the jelly and then added the can of coconut.



4 opmerkingen:

Marie Rayner zei

Looks light and delicious Marthe!!

Megan zei

What a great idea! I'd like to try this if I find the pina colada jelly.

Kits Chow zei

This looks so good! I think Knorr also makes strawberry jello. I'll try it with that to see if the layers will separate.

What's for Supper? zei

Great job!